01 June 2010

Lunchroom Rewind: Peanut Butter Crunch!

I was always thrilled to go through the cafeteria line in elementary school and see we were having PEANUT BUTTER CRUNCH for dessert! Yum! I’m sure a school would never serve it now due to all the peanut allergies around, but we don’t have those at our house, so I can make it every now and again. Have you tried it?

thrift finds and pnut butter crunch 002Ingredients: 4 cups Corn Flakes, 1/2 cup light corn syrup (Karo), 1 cup sugar, 1 and 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter

Directions: Crush Corn Flakes in large bowl. Heat corn syrup and sugar in a large saucepan on the stove until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat and add peanut butter to saucepan. Stir until completely mixed. Take off stove and stir in crushed Corn Flakes. At this point, mixture will be thick and solid-ish. Immediately spread mixture in a 9x13 pan/dish and flatten out on top. Immediately use a sharp knife to cut PBC mix into squares. Refrigerate to harden to solid, chewy texture.

Hope your family can enjoy this cool, retro recipe! {This post may be linked to blog parties in sidebar.}

Hugs & Yums, Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I had forgotten about these! They are the best! I can't wait to make some this summer.....ummm well maybe not since I am losing weight....not too calorie friendly and I could eat the WHOLE pan!!

    ReplyDelete