01 April 2010

FRESH CHICKEN & VEGGIE BAKE

A few months ago, I found a recipe for a chicken/vegetable dish on Kelly’s Korner blog.  I have enjoyed starting with the basics of her recipe, then adding my own touches.  I call it “Fresh Chicken & Veggie Bake” or “Lemony Chick-ables.”
PREP SHOT:
food 001
The key to the FRESHness is LEMON! 
1-Slice a two lemons into thin slices and line bottom of casserole dish with slices.  I hold out a large chunk of the lemon to juice/squeeze over the final dish before baking.
2-Place boneless chicken breasts (I get the bag of LARGE breasts from ALDI and cut each in 1/2) on top of lemon slices, leaving an open border the edge of the casserole dish.
3-Arrange green beans around the border of the chicken and sprinkle some in between the breasts as well.
4-Cut red new potatoes into chunks and place on top of green beans throughout the dish. 
5-I also added some diced baby carrots this time because I had a part of a bag on hand I wanted to finish.  You could changed to your taste.
6-Squeeze reserved lemon chunk so juice runs over chicken in dish.
7-Mix a small amount of olive oil and diced garlic together and pour lightly over chicken.
8-I finish it off by sprinkling seasoned salt over the entire dish.
9-Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (until chicken starts to brown a little and the breasts are done in the middle).
chicken 001
10-Serve your family this health, delicious, fresh-tasting meal and they will enjoy!!!  I promise!  Sorry I didn’t get a pic of the full finished casserole dish!  My family was snatching at it left and right, so I had to make do with a photo of someone’s plate!
Hugs & Yums, sig

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I'm going to try it next week & I'll let you know how it goes :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats looks wonderful! I like one-pan dishes like this :)

    oh, and your fruit flowers are great too - how creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! That looks really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious and I love the lemon idea.

    ReplyDelete