22 April 2010

Brown Rice “Boyfriend” Casserole

I was introduced to this wonderful dish when my hubby and I were dating. He made dinner for me one evening and Brown Rice Casserole was one of the side dishes. Yum! I was so impressed and touched that he went to so much trouble to make me something so nice.
Fortunately, he and his mother have shared the recipe with me!
bday 030
INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Uncle Ben’s converted rice, 1 can french onion soup, 1 can beef consomme, 1/2 stick butter
DIRECTIONS: Pour uncooked rice into a 9” round glass casserole dish. Pour both cans of soup/consomme over the rice. Cut small slices of butter and drop over top of rice/soup in dish, making sure to drop butter pieces in different areas.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Hugs & Yums, Laurie

3 comments:

  1. I love those easy, yummy side dish recipes! This looks like a winner, for sure. I'll have to give a try sometime soon. Thanks for linking up!

    Blessings-
    Sarah
    www.harriganhowdy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy and delicious! Perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun history this recipe has! I'm impressed that he made something so fancy for you - my hubby can barely boil water!

    ReplyDelete