18 March 2010

AppleBerry Glazed Pork Loin

The Crock Pot strikes again!  We tried this recipe at our house last week and it was a hit!  I served it with sides of alfredo pasta (to please the kids) and spicy green beans.

I adapted this recipe from one in Fix It and Forget It Lightly - meaning I added and subtracted ingredients according to our tastes.  Here goes:


Here's the finished product in a serving dish + I had another small serving bowl of extra apple-cranberry sauce. 

Ingredients:
2 lbs. pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
2 Tbsp. canola oil
3 cups apple juice
3 Granny Smith apples, cut into chunks
2 cups cranberries (I used whole canned)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
NEXT TIME, I'm going to added something to give it a little spicy heat, too!

Directions:
1-Brown pork on all sides in skillet in canola oil. Place in slow cooker.
2-Add remaining ingredients.
3-Cover. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
4-Enjoy this yummy tenderloin!

Hope you'll try this one day soon - it's a keeper!

Hugs & Yums,

12 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! Pork tenderloin is a favorite around here
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apples and cranberries with the tenderlion sound ambrosial. I know your whole kitchen smelled divine! I am putting a slow cooker on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo!

    I'm hosting a giveaway this week. Stop on over!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. Apples and cranberriers just go with pork. I just love slow cooker recipes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lord, that sounds amazing and easy as can be! I just love apples with pork. I'm totally, totally making this next week as one of my workday dinners - gotta love that crock pot!

    Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've bookmarked this one - it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love the ingredients in that. It sounds delicious.
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That sounds wonderful, though I think hubby wouldn't touch it with cranberries, but I definitely want to try this! Thanks for linking up to the Freezer Foods Fridays! I'm thrilled you did!

    jeanette from sweetjeanette.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks really good and delicious! I might try this sometime. Thanks for the recipe!

    http://cookandbaking.com/?p=70

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really good. Always looking for a new pork recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great recipe - apples and cranberries are always delicious and tenderloin is such a wonderful meat to cook with!

    ReplyDelete