Ingredients: 1 pound spaghetti noodles, 1 pound lean ground meat, 1 Tbsp. butter, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, 2 jars spaghetti sauce, 1 large container cottage cheese, 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Boil 1 pound spaghetti noodles, then drain. Brown 1 pound lean ground meat, then drain.
2. Add a little butter to noodles and stir through.
3. Mix 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese into the noodles.
4. Transfer about 1/4 of the noodles to the bottom of one dish, and another 1/4 to the other dish (you should've used about 1/2 the total noodles at this point).
5. Now add ground meat to each dish on top of noodles (use about 1/4 of meat in each dish).
6. Pour about 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce over top of noodles and meat in each dish (1/2 jar in each dish, you've used 1 full jar at this point).
7. Now, repeat the same layers (remaining noodles, then remaining meat, then remaining sauce - other jar).
8. Add 1/2 container of cottage cheese (large container) on top of one dish, then add the other 1/2 cottage cheese on top of the other.
9. Lastly, add shredded mozzarella cheese as top layer of each spaghetti pie.
10. At this point, you can store in freezer (wrapped properly), store in refrigerator (to use w/in next day or two), OR immediately bake in microwave.
11.When you bake spaghetti pie, first loosely cover it, then heat at 50% power for about 12 minutes. Then, take off cover and heat at 100% power for another 12 minutes.
12. Enjoy digging in!
Hope you enjoy sharing this dish with your family and friends! It's made me quite popular at times - ha!
Linking to blog parties in sidebar
Hugs & Yums, Laurie